Trade-In Program Support
If you have questions or issues about your trade-in, please contact us:
- Trade-in email support - email@example.com (Responses typically within 24 hours)
- Trade-in phone support - 844-307-3722 M-F 8am - 8pm EST
If you have questions or issues about your payment, please contact our payment partner at:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the trade-in process take?
- The entire process typically takes about 3 weeks.
How does this work? (What is the process?)
- After you create and confirm your trade, Phobio sends you a shipping kit containing all the necessary materials for the safe transit of your device to Phobio. Once we receive your device and inspect it, we will send you your payment or notify you of any offer revisions.
- How do I find the Serial Number or IMEI of my device?
What devices are eligible for full trade value?
- The device must power on, be free of physical damage, software problems, and water damage, and have activation locks disabled (i.e. Find My Mac, Find My iPad; More info on this: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19302).
How do signs of battery swelling affect my trade value?
- Devices with signs of battery swelling are not eligible for trade-in and for good reason. They can overheat and catch on fire. Damaged, defective or recalled batteries are also forbidden for air transport. The most common signs of a swollen battery include your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch screen popping out. On a MacBook, you'll usually notice the swollen battery pressing up on the trackpad and surrounding bottom casing.
How do I track my trade?
- We will email you the tracking for your shipment and you may track your shipment at: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track
- For status updates regarding your trade, please visit: https://phobio.com/tradein/bh/status
I did not receive my shipping kit/my kit is incomplete.
- Contact the Support Team, and we can get a new shipping kit sent to you or email you a new shipping label.
- How do I back-up and erase my Mac?
How do I back-up and erase iPad?
- Follow these instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
- How do I unpair, back-up and erase my Apple Watch?
Should I ship accessories with my device?
- When packing your device for shipment, please do not include any original boxes, CDs, DVDs, thumb drives, hard drives, or any other accessory or item not requested or indicated in the initial quote. Additional items are recycled upon arrival to our facility and cannot be returned.
Where do I go to ship my device?
- Devices should be dropped off at your local FedEx Office or manned FedEx Drop-Off location. We do not recommend using dropboxes. Please request a receipt when you drop your device off.
How/when will I get my money?
- You will receive a Visa E-Gift Card via email, within 1-3 business days after your trade has been received by Phobio and the inspection has been completed.
Can I change my mind about trading my device after I ship it?
- Once a device ships, ownership transfers to Phobio per the Terms and Conditions. Phobio inspects devices upon arrival to verify reported conditions. If the conditions are not verified, you will receive notification of the revision via email. At this point, you may accept the revised offer, or have the device returned to you at no cost.
Why was my offer revised?
- Devices are inspected to confirm the reported condition. In the event that our inspection determines the device is in a different condition than reported, your offer will be revised and we will notify you via email. You will have the opportunity to accept or reject the revised offer.
Overview and Definitions
1 - Starting a Trade-In
To create a trade-in with our online tool, we walk you through a simple process to identify the model and assess the physical/functional condition of the device you wish to trade-in. Eligible devices for this trade-in program include:
- Select 2009 and newer Macs / iMacs (must be able to power-on)
- iPads and Apple Watches
- All devices must be free of activation locks (i.e. Find My Mac, Find My iPad) to be eligible for trade-in. More info on this: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19302
After assessing your device model and condition, a trade-in estimate will be generated.
After creating the Trade Quote, a Quote Confirmation Email will be sent to you to confirm your email address. You must click on the button/link in the Quote Confirmation Email to confirm the trade and continue the process.
Once you have confirmed your quote:
- Your trade process is initiated
- The date is set as your Trade Creation Date
- A Shipping Kit for your device will be mailed to the address on file
- You will receive a Trade Confirmation Email containing the details of your trade-in transaction, as well as your tracking numbers/links for your trade shipments
2 - Shipping In Your Device
You will receive the Shipping Kit within 5 business days at your submitted address. The box you receive is the same box you'll use to ship your device in for inspection. Inside the box you'll also receive the following:
- Device Preparation and Packing Instructions to ensure your device is properly unlocked and erased of personal data, and Activation Locks such as Find My Mac and Find My iPad are disabled.
- A prepaid Return Shipping Label
The trade-in value for your device is guaranteed for a limited amount of time. The Quote Guarantee Duration is 21 days from the Trade Date, so it is imperative to ship your device promptly.
Once your device is prepared and packed, ship your device with FedEx. We do not recommend using FedEx drop boxes as they can result in delivery delays. Find a FedEx Office location: https://local.fedex.com
3 - Device Inspection
Once we receive your device at our inspection facility, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your device. Your device will be unpacked, labeled, and queued for inspection.
Within 5 business days, we will erase your device and inspect it to confirm the model and condition of your device matches your trade quote.
If the inspected condition matches the reported condition of your device, and the device is received before the Quote Guarantee Duration expiration, your completed trade is queued for payment.
If your trade requires a quote revision due to model or condition correction, or if the price has changed and the trade arrived after the Quote Guarantee Duration, your device will be temporarily placed into an inspection hold:
- Devices will remain in inspection hold for up to 14 days from Inspection Date.
- You will receive an email alerting you of the revised offer and a link to your Trade Status Page where you may accept or decline the value change before the inspection hold expires.
- The Trade Status Page will show you the inspected value change as well as inspection documentation, including a written description and photographs of the elements detailing the reason(s) for the inspected value change, when available.
- The Trade Status Page also includes links/buttons to accept or decline the inspected value change before the
inspection hold expires. Your decision to accept or decline is final and cannot be reversed.
- If you do not respond before the 14 day inspection hold expires, then the inspected value change will be automatically rejected and your device will be returned to you.
- If you accept the inspected value change, your Completed Trade will be queued for payment.
- If you decline the inspected value change, your Cancelled Trade is queued for return. You will be sent a Return Confirmation email with the return tracking number.
- Within 10 business days, your device will be shipped back to the address on file.
- No accessories will be included in the shipment back to you with the exception of power adapters.
4 - Trade Payment
When your trade-in is completed (see above) and queued for payment, you will receive a payment confirmation email confirming the trade value and payment method.
Trade values are paid to customers via a Visa E-Gift Card. The value is only subject to change if we receive your device after the quote expiration or if the device does not match the reported model or condition upon arrival.
The Visa E-Gift Card is emailed and should be received within 1-3 days once the inspection is completed.
If you never received your email, lost your card, dispute the amount on the card, or have any other VISA E-Gift Card questions, contact:
- Trade-In email support - firstname.lastname@example.org (Responses typically within 24 hours)
- Trade-In phone support - 844-307-3722 M-F 8am - 8pm EST
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall govern your rights and obligations as a participant in the trade-in program (the “Program”) of Phobio, LLC, a Georgia limited liability company, and its related entities and affiliates (collectively, referred to as “Phobio”). By participating in the Program, you expressly agree to the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Agreement”).
OWNERSHIP AND AUTHORITY TO TRADE-IN
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and the sole and rightful owner of the Device bearing the specifications, serial number, and model number which you have offered for trade-in (the ""Device""). You further represent and warrant that (1) you have the power and authority to enter into this agreement; (2) you have full authority to sell or otherwise dispose of the Device; (3) the Device(s) is (are) not counterfeit, stolen or fraudulent; and (4) the Device(s) does (do) not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
DEACTIVATION AND PERSONAL DATA
You agree to deactivate all services to your Device and remove any and all codes (including without limitation removing user locks, passwords, and/or turn off/deactivating the “Find My Device” Apple Activation Lock or Google, Samsung, or other manufacturer lock feature) that may prevent Phobio from having the ability to use, recycle, resell or dispose of the Device. In addition, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to remove all personal data (e.g., files, photos, videos, music, etc.) from the Device.
You agree that Phobio is not responsible for the loss or destruction of the hardware, software, files, or media containing any personal data left on or in the Device. All devices will be erased of customer data during the inspection process. You understand and agree that you will not be able to recover any data or files stored within the Device.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
You agree that all information you provide about the Device for trade-in, as well as information you have or will provide about yourself, is true, accurate, and complete.
TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
Upon receipt and acceptance of the Device by Phobio, you hereby agree to transfer all right to and title in the Device to Phobio, in exchange for the trade-in value quoted to you.
You acknowledge and agree that the trade-in transaction is final and cannot be cancelled or rescinded by you after your Device is received by Phobio, unless Phobio contacts you to provide notification that your description of the Device was inconsistent with Phobio’s evaluation of your Device and the quote.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Phobio reserves the right to takes steps Phobio believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of these Terms and Conditions (including but not limited to Phobio’s right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the trade-in program, and/or a third party claim that your Device is unlawful and/or infringes such third party's rights). You agree that Phobio has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any Device registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, as Phobio believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of these Terms and Conditions.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release Phobio from and against any liability arising out of or related to the transfer of the Device, including but not limited to any liability related to the shipment of the Device, the deletion or non-deletion of any data or files from the Device, the evaluation and assessment of the Device (and the corresponding trade-in valuation) made by Phobio, and the non-availability of the Device after it has been received by Phobio.
By participating in the Program, you expressly agree to hold harmless and indemnify Phobio and its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses, and fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of: (1) your breach of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the representations and warranties contained herein; (2) any suit or other proceeding for infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right brought against Phobio in connection with your Device you trade-in under the Program; and (3) the loss, disclosure, security, integrity, confidentiality or use of any personal or confidential information stored on a Device you trade-in under the Program.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Any claim relating to the Program shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. By virtue of your participation in the Program, you expressly submit to jurisdiction in the Superior Court of Cobb County, Georgia, for any and all claims arising from this Agreement.
The customer agrees to receive messages via text and/or email in service or support of this trade-in transaction. Any customer information collected will be used solely for the purposes of service to this trade-in, and will not be shared with any third parties with the exception of direct request from Law Enforcement Agencies.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above Agreement, you may contact Phobio at email@example.com.
All information collected by Phobio will be used to process your transaction or be used to contact you. All personal information will be treated as strictly confidential and will be stored on a secure server. Phobio will not distribute your personal data to third parties.